As a graduate translator (Diplom-Übersetzerin – equivalent to a M.A. degree in translation), specialised in legal translations and authorized by the Higher Regional Court of Hamm to prepare certified translations (German<>English), I am your competent partner with my translation office “Connecting Words by Oya Birel”.
Here are some details about my career. If you require more information, I am happy to send you my detailed CV.
- Authorized by the Higher Regional Court of Hamm for certified translations in German and English
- Community interpreter
- Graduate translator (Diplom-Übersetzerin), Cologne University of Applied Sciences
Institute of Translation and Multilingual Communication
- Study abroad at the University of Western Sydney in Australia
In the field of: specialised translation (technical, legal, medical) and interpreting
- Many years of experience as a project manager in the field of software and game localization at internationally cooperating companies and several translation agencies in Cologne
- Business English Teacher for company employees and English teacher for pupils, group lessons in English conversation and grammar
Please also take this into consideration:
To contact me directly is always better than looking for a translation agency. Why? I am your direct, personal contact. Contacting me directly is more advantageous than looking for a translation agency. Why? I am your direct, personal contact. I am always available, reliable and answer your queries quickly. I do not have any staff costs or high rent costs for a fancy office downtown that I have to pass on to your price. Although I am a freelancer, I have a network of experienced colleagues with whom I cooperate and exchange ideas. If you require any other language combinations, I can help you too. I am not under any time or profit pressure and I take the necessary time to process your orders accurately and with the utmost care. The customer and his wishes are always my priority.
Tools and Software
I am working with Trados Studio 2019 and the MS-Office software
Memberships in professional associations
I am a member of the Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer, BDÜ (German Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators). You can find me in the BDÜ database here: https://suche.bdue.de/
You can find my entry in the database of the e-Justice portal of North Rhine-Westphalia (Justizportal Nordrhein-Westfalen) here: